TERMS, CONDITIONS AND GUIDELINES
- It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that a space for the van is available on the day of the move.
- If a parking ticket is issued as a result of a space not being reserved for the Oxford Man and Van vehicle, the cost of the ticket will be met by the customer.
- If a space has not been reserved, any meter costs incurred on the day of the move will be passed onto the customer.
Flat Pack Furniture
- Oxford Man and Van are delighted to disassemble and reassemble any flat pack furniture that needs to be taken apart, and do so successfully on a daily basis.
- However, we cannot guarantee that it will 'go back up' as solidly as it once did.
- This is a manufacturing quality issue, and not an Oxford Man and Van incompetence issue.
- Our vans are all fully comprehensively insured and we also have £10,000 Goods In Transit insurance plus £1,000,000 Public Liability insurance as standard.
- In the unlikely event that damage occurs to your goods, the customer must pay the first £100 of any claim. Thereafter, you will be indemnified accordingly and your goods repaired or replaced to their current value.
- For a claim to be valid the client must inform Oxford Man and Van via email of any loss or damage to property, within 72 hours of the removals job finishing.
- Any insurance claim is independent of the final bill owed to Oxford Man and Van. In the unlikely event of any loss or damage to property, the removals service would still need to be paid for in full, and any insurance claim would then be handled by our insurers.
- If a sofa is unable to 'get into' the customer's new property, Oxford Man and Van will remove doors, and take off its feet to get it in. This works in 99.9% of cases.
- However the original quote for the job does not cover any unforeseen costs such as the hiring of a cherry picker to take a sofa (that will not fit through the front door) up through a first floor window again. Neverthless this has never happened in over 1000 jobs done, and so is a completely hypothetical situation.
- Similarly if a fixed price quote is calculated on the assumption that Oxford Man and Van has the use of the elevator, and the elevator is then out of order on the day of the move, a surcharge may be added, so as to cover the additional costs that this would incur Oxford Man and Van.
Fixed Price Telephone Quotes
- Oxford Man and Van calculate the cost of a fixed price telephone quote based on the information that the client gives us i.e. the number of boxes, and number of items of furniture to be moved.
- Oxford Man and Van is happy to move an extra 5-10 boxes over and above the number given by the client, at no extra charge to the customer.
- However if Oxford Man and Van arrive at the scene and there are 70 boxes instead of 35 boxes we have been told about initialy, Oxford Man and Van will charge for the whole job at the appropriate hourly rate.
Non Payment of Bill
- If a client refuses to pay the final bill, there will be a 48-hour cooling off period giving the client the opportunity to pay the outstanding bill in full.
- If the client does not do so within this 48-hour period, Oxford Man and Van will start debt recovery proceedings on the client.
- Any costs incurred in order to take the route of debt recovery will be added to the final bill owed and are to be met by the client.